Norwich City 0 Burton Albion 0: Rate the performances of the Canaries players during disappointing Carrow Road draw
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Frustration returned for Norwich City this evening as Daniel Farke’s failed to build on their victory over Birmingham, drawing 0-0 at home to struggling Burton.
An under-whelming first half saw City struggle to cause Burton real problems, with Josh Murphy’s thumping shot from 25 yards in the 20th minute the closest the hosts came to a breakthrough.
Canaries skipper Ivo Pinto then had to clear off the line from Joe Mason early in the second half. Wes Hoolahan tried to force the issue in the 58th minute and forced keeper Stephen Bywater to spectacularly tip over his 25-yard shot.
The Irishman’s defence-splitting pass sent Murphy through soon after but the winger was thwarted by Bywater’s legs from six yards and the closest the hosts came to a winner was Nelson Oliveira firing into the side-netting in the 73rd minute – on a very poor night.
The Canaries return to action with a difficult looking trip to Sheffield United on Saturday, who notched up their fourth successive league game last night, winning 1-0 at Bolton.
You may also want to watch:
Rate the players above.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 5 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol