PODCAST: Rooney puts City’s long distance relationship under strain
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
There was a jam-packed agenda for the Pink Un Podcast team to discuss following Norwich City’s 1-0 home defeat to Derby County, thanks to a late free-kick from England’s record goal-scorer Wayne Rooney.
The Manchester United legend’s free-kick settled matters at Carrow Road, despite the Canaries largely dominating the Championship podcast, with former City number one David Marshall having to make some crucial saves either side of the goal.
The Scotland keeper brilliantly denied a Max Aarons shot, after an excellent cross from substitute Mario Vrancic, and also superbly tipped a powerful header from substitute striker Jordan Hugill around his post soon after Rooney’s goal.
The second successive defeat, having also lost 1-0 at Bournemouth the previous weekend, has left Daniel Farke’s side 14th in the early table having taken four points from the first four games since relegation from the Premier League.
With England Under-21 international Ben Godfrey on the verge of sealing a club record sale, for an initial £25million, Ben Gibson made his debut in central defence.
You may also want to watch:
Emi Buendia returned amid continuing transfer window speculation but Todd Cantwell was left out of the team for a second game.
- 1 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 2 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 5 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 6 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 7 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 8 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 9 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
- 10 David Hannant: Daniel Barden's success sums up all that is right at Norwich City