PODCAST: Rooney puts City’s long distance relationship under strain
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
There was a jam-packed agenda for the Pink Un Podcast team to discuss following Norwich City’s 1-0 home defeat to Derby County, thanks to a late free-kick from England’s record goal-scorer Wayne Rooney.
The Manchester United legend’s free-kick settled matters at Carrow Road, despite the Canaries largely dominating the Championship podcast, with former City number one David Marshall having to make some crucial saves either side of the goal.
The Scotland keeper brilliantly denied a Max Aarons shot, after an excellent cross from substitute Mario Vrancic, and also superbly tipped a powerful header from substitute striker Jordan Hugill around his post soon after Rooney’s goal.
The second successive defeat, having also lost 1-0 at Bournemouth the previous weekend, has left Daniel Farke’s side 14th in the early table having taken four points from the first four games since relegation from the Premier League.
With England Under-21 international Ben Godfrey on the verge of sealing a club record sale, for an initial £25million, Ben Gibson made his debut in central defence.
You may also want to watch:
Emi Buendia returned amid continuing transfer window speculation but Todd Cantwell was left out of the team for a second game.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 4 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 5 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star