Norwich City 0, Fulham 0 - What the nationals said
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The national newspapers’ views on Norwich City’s 0-0 draw at home to Fulham.
Sunday Mirror: “This was a must-win match for City who, after such a great start to the campaign (sic), look like they might get sucked into the relegation battle.”
The Mail on Sunday: “A point apiece more or less suited the two teams . . . it might have been more merciful had they agreed at lunchtime to share the spoils and then stayed in their dressing rooms.”
The Observer: “Norwich have scored only once in their past six league and FA Cup games. However, Hughton was upbeat about his team’s chances of staying up.”
The Sunday Telegraph: “Norwich’s habit of drawing blanks has dragged them down into a position where they cannot be entirely confident of safety.”
You may also want to watch:
The Independent: “One goal in six matches in all competitions is clearly a concern, although there was encouragement from Luciano Becchio and Kei Kamara.”
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit