‘Much improved’ - City fans take positives from Canaries 2-1 defeat to Watford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have extracted numerous positives from the Canaries 2-1 defeat to Watford.
Daniel Farke’s men opened the scoring after five minutes when Emi Buendia netted his first Premier League goal after curling the ball beyond Ben Foster after Onel Hernandez’ pass.
The hosts equalised soon after, when Craig Dawson escaped some weak marking from Jamal Lewis and Alex Tettey to nod home from Will Hughes’ free-kick just five minutes later.
City were more cohesive in their offensive approaches, but they failed to find that elusive second goal.
It was Watford who stole a much-needed victory when Danny Welbeck spectacularly converted an overhead kick after a number of defensive mishaps by City.
You may also want to watch:
Ismalia Sarr brushed off Kenny McLean before crossing, Max Aarons scuffed his clearance and it looped into the air, which left Welbeck to acrobatically score his first Premier League goal since 2018.
The defeat did display crumbs of comfort for the Canaries, with Hernandez, Marco Stiepermann and Mario Vrancic performing well - three players who could prove pivotal in the next 12 months.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters above and below