‘Much improved’ - City fans take positives from Canaries 2-1 defeat to Watford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have extracted numerous positives from the Canaries 2-1 defeat to Watford.
Daniel Farke’s men opened the scoring after five minutes when Emi Buendia netted his first Premier League goal after curling the ball beyond Ben Foster after Onel Hernandez’ pass.
The hosts equalised soon after, when Craig Dawson escaped some weak marking from Jamal Lewis and Alex Tettey to nod home from Will Hughes’ free-kick just five minutes later.
City were more cohesive in their offensive approaches, but they failed to find that elusive second goal.
It was Watford who stole a much-needed victory when Danny Welbeck spectacularly converted an overhead kick after a number of defensive mishaps by City.
You may also want to watch:
Ismalia Sarr brushed off Kenny McLean before crossing, Max Aarons scuffed his clearance and it looped into the air, which left Welbeck to acrobatically score his first Premier League goal since 2018.
The defeat did display crumbs of comfort for the Canaries, with Hernandez, Marco Stiepermann and Mario Vrancic performing well - three players who could prove pivotal in the next 12 months.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 4 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 5 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 7 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters above and below