Norwich City 1 Brighton 1 highlights: Watch Marley Watkins’ Carrow Road special
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Marley Watkins announced his arrival to the Norwich City home fans with a fearsome strike in the Canaries’ final pre-season friendly against Chris Hughton’s Brighton on Saturday.
Watkins and a number of City’s summer signings were on show in head coach Daniel Farke’s first home game in charge at Carrow Road against the Seagulls.
Pascal Gross opened the scoring for the top flight new boys with a glancing first half header, but Watkins levelled prior to the break with a screamer.
City had chances to win the game, with Nelson Oliveira crashing a spectacular long range shot against the inside of a post late on, but Farke’s squad did finish their pre-season campaign unbeaten.
The Canaries now have one more week’s preparation at Colney before beginning their Championship quest away to Fulham.
You may also want to watch:
• Click on the link above to watch the best moments from City’s final dress rehearsal
- 1 Cantwell opens up on his Norwich City future
- 2 'He was brilliant' - City ace hails winger's impact during latest win
- 3 Norwich City and the Soccerbot360: The inside track on why Canaries want the £750,000 aid
- 4 Ex-City striker Jerome reveals late January bid from Cardiff
- 5 The Canaries' trip to Forest subject to updated kick-off time
- 6 Wycombe have 'nothing to fear' against table toppers, says Ainsworth
- 7 City want to bring 2,000 fans back for Championship run in
- 8 Farke sets promotion points target
- 9 An unhappy anniversary for this Norwich City fan
- 10 City number one on Nyland's arrival and Barden's bright future