Norwich City 1 Brighton 1 highlights: Watch Marley Watkins’ Carrow Road special
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Marley Watkins announced his arrival to the Norwich City home fans with a fearsome strike in the Canaries’ final pre-season friendly against Chris Hughton’s Brighton on Saturday.
Watkins and a number of City’s summer signings were on show in head coach Daniel Farke’s first home game in charge at Carrow Road against the Seagulls.
Pascal Gross opened the scoring for the top flight new boys with a glancing first half header, but Watkins levelled prior to the break with a screamer.
City had chances to win the game, with Nelson Oliveira crashing a spectacular long range shot against the inside of a post late on, but Farke’s squad did finish their pre-season campaign unbeaten.
The Canaries now have one more week’s preparation at Colney before beginning their Championship quest away to Fulham.
You may also want to watch:
• Click on the link above to watch the best moments from City’s final dress rehearsal
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 5 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 6 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 7 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 8 'He's been great for me' - Hanley grateful to Farke for making him a better player
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make bid for Peterborough ace
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return