‘Never do it the easy way’ - Relief the overriding emotion amongst City fans after Wycombe win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have three consecutive wins in the Championship, with their earliest winning goal arriving in the 87th minute.
This was another test for the Canaries to navigate, one they just about passed, with Mario Vrancic’s late free-kick ensuring they moved into the top six of the Championship.
But they made hard work of it. Gareth Ainsworth’s Wycombe worked hard, were relentless but were ultimately undone by another exceptional free-kick from the Bosnian.
Teemu Pukki’s early strike seemed to set the tone. For a five minute spell, City dominated and pressed for a second but it was the visitors who landed a blow when Scott Kashket ghosted in following a defensive mix-up between Tim Krul and Grant Hanley to score.
City continued to probe and eventually stole the winner late on to deny the Chairboys their first point in the Championship since they were promoted via the play-offs last season.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters via social media above and below
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims