‘Never do it the easy way’ - Relief the overriding emotion amongst City fans after Wycombe win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have three consecutive wins in the Championship, with their earliest winning goal arriving in the 87th minute.
This was another test for the Canaries to navigate, one they just about passed, with Mario Vrancic’s late free-kick ensuring they moved into the top six of the Championship.
But they made hard work of it. Gareth Ainsworth’s Wycombe worked hard, were relentless but were ultimately undone by another exceptional free-kick from the Bosnian.
Teemu Pukki’s early strike seemed to set the tone. For a five minute spell, City dominated and pressed for a second but it was the visitors who landed a blow when Scott Kashket ghosted in following a defensive mix-up between Tim Krul and Grant Hanley to score.
City continued to probe and eventually stole the winner late on to deny the Chairboys their first point in the Championship since they were promoted via the play-offs last season.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters via social media above and below
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 10 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move