‘Never do it the easy way’ - Relief the overriding emotion amongst City fans after Wycombe win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have three consecutive wins in the Championship, with their earliest winning goal arriving in the 87th minute.
This was another test for the Canaries to navigate, one they just about passed, with Mario Vrancic’s late free-kick ensuring they moved into the top six of the Championship.
But they made hard work of it. Gareth Ainsworth’s Wycombe worked hard, were relentless but were ultimately undone by another exceptional free-kick from the Bosnian.
Teemu Pukki’s early strike seemed to set the tone. For a five minute spell, City dominated and pressed for a second but it was the visitors who landed a blow when Scott Kashket ghosted in following a defensive mix-up between Tim Krul and Grant Hanley to score.
City continued to probe and eventually stole the winner late on to deny the Chairboys their first point in the Championship since they were promoted via the play-offs last season.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters via social media above and below
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 4 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 5 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 6 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 7 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 8 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 9 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 10 Skipp calls for City to be smarter after Luton defeat