‘Let’s not feel sorry for ourselves. On to Wigan with 5000 fans!’ – City fans proud after chaotic draw with Reading
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Drama and Norwich City go hand-in-hand this season – so fans are staying upbeat after seeing a comeback for the ages snatched away from Daniel Farke’s league leaders in the latest chapter of their remarkable story.
The Canaries had trailed 1-0 to stubborn Reading until the 86th minute, when two goals in three minutes from centre-backs Ben Godfrey and captain Christoph Zimmermann finally broke the lowly visitors’ resistance.
Godfrey almost tore the net open with a brilliant strike at the Barclay end and within three minutes Zimmermann towered high to head a Kenny McLean corner in off the post – to spark chaotic scenes of celebration.
However, Royals midfielder Andy Rinomhota fired home from 20 yards in the sixth minute of injury-time to deny the hosts an amazing ninth win on the spin.
With third-placed Sheffield United held to a 1-1 draw at Birmingham it means City are still in a fine position though, sitting seven points clear of the Blades ahead of a trip to Wigan on Sunday – where 5,000 fans will be roaring them towards the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Dowell pledge from City boss