‘Felt like that could be a defining moment’ – City fans hail spirit of leaders yet again after snatching draw against Owls
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans are once again praising the spirit of the their team, after seeing Mario Vrancic snatch a draw from the jaws of defeat deep into injury-time against Sheffield Wednesday.
The latest instalment of late drama at Carrow Road saw substitute Vrancic curl in a sublime free-kick in the seventh minute of injury-time to snatch a 2-2 draw.
Marco Stiepermann had fired the Canaries in front with a thumping effort in the 19th minute but Fernando Forestieri equalised with a brilliant long-range effort for the visitors in the 32nd minute.
Steven Fletcher then bundled the Owls in front in the 52nd minute, despite desperate call for handball from City keeper Tim Krul, who also made two excellent saves to keep his team in the game.
But it was Vrancic in the spotlight as he curled into the top-right corner with almost the last kick of the game, sending the home faithful wild and his team five points clear at the Championship summit.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Farke’s team now head to Stoke on Monday knowing two wins from their final three games will not only secure promotion but the title as well.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 9 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 10 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead