‘QPR couldn’t lay a glove on us’ – City fans dreaming of promotion after superb home triumph
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Thrashing QPR 4-0 has Norwich City fans dreaming of the Premier League, after seeing their league leading team romp to an eighth consecutive victory.
Goals from Emi Buendia, Marco Stiepermann and Teemu Pukki fired the Canaries into a dominant 3-0 lead at the break, with Buendia also teeing up the other two goals to take his assist tally to 17 in all competitions.
The Argentine youngster unfortunately retaliated to repeated fouling with around 20 minutes remaining though, lunging into an unnecessary tackle on Josh Scowen to earn a straight red card, to potentially now face a three-game ban.
It briefly threatened to leave a cloud over a great day but a thumping second from Pukki in the 85th minute, the Finnish striker’s 26th league goal of the season, sparked Carrow Road’s into jubilant scenes.
It pushed the Canaries eight points clear at the top of the Championship, at least temporarily, with Leeds at Birmingham and Sheffield United at Wigan in the 3pm kick-offs, with the Blades 10 points adrift.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance