‘QPR couldn’t lay a glove on us’ – City fans dreaming of promotion after superb home triumph
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Thrashing QPR 4-0 has Norwich City fans dreaming of the Premier League, after seeing their league leading team romp to an eighth consecutive victory.
Goals from Emi Buendia, Marco Stiepermann and Teemu Pukki fired the Canaries into a dominant 3-0 lead at the break, with Buendia also teeing up the other two goals to take his assist tally to 17 in all competitions.
The Argentine youngster unfortunately retaliated to repeated fouling with around 20 minutes remaining though, lunging into an unnecessary tackle on Josh Scowen to earn a straight red card, to potentially now face a three-game ban.
It briefly threatened to leave a cloud over a great day but a thumping second from Pukki in the 85th minute, the Finnish striker’s 26th league goal of the season, sparked Carrow Road’s into jubilant scenes.
It pushed the Canaries eight points clear at the top of the Championship, at least temporarily, with Leeds at Birmingham and Sheffield United at Wigan in the 3pm kick-offs, with the Blades 10 points adrift.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 6 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 10 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues