Canaries announce signing of Belgian youth international from Anderlecht
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Belgian youngster Rob Nizet has become the latest addition to Norwich City’s under-23 squad.
The 17-year-old is a left-back and signs a three-year contract, initially joining up with the development squad.
He has been capped at U15 and U16 levels by Belgium and has 15 caps at U17 level already, helping to reach the quarter-finals of the Uefa European U17 Championship in Ireland last month.
Nizet played every minute of that tournament for the Belgians, finishing in fifth place after a penalty shootout defeat to Hungary in a play-off, having been beaten 3-0 by Holland in the quarter-finals.
City are looking to raise the standards of their U23 squad significantly this summer, with players who are capable of going out on loan to good levels.
You may also want to watch:
They have already signed England Under-18 midfielder Daniel Adshead from Rochdale for a reported £300,000 and Scotland U19 keeper Archie Mair from Aberdeen.
Belgian football website Voetbal Primeur report that Nizet hadn't signed professional terms, despite being at Anderlecht for four years, so only youth compensation will be required from the Canaries.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis