Norwich City are 16/1 to pull off shock win over leaders
BETTING: Grateful to ‘keeper Joe Hart for keeping their unbeaten Premier League record intact at Anfield last Sunday, an occasionally complacent Manchester City face the Canaries tomorrow as Ladbrokes’ overwhelming 1/6 favourites.
It’s easy to see why. They boast an unblemished home record and have rattled in the goals at a rate of more than three per match. Norwich City face a serious test of their resolve, an examination they start priced at 17.0 (16/1) with Betdaq to pass with flying colours and actually win.
Norwich City are yet to overhaul a team occupying a berth in the top half of the table, though they came from behind to secure an excellent point at Anfield. Sportingbet price them at 100/30 to open the scoring on Saturday, while Stan James offer the same odds about them winning when handed the benefit of a one-goal start. In the same market, bet365 give them a two goal advantage and still offer them at odds against (5/4) to win.
These odds are a reflection of Manchester City’s impressive firepower – they have scored in every league match this term and are 1/5 at Partybets to open the scoring against Norwich City.
There’s little doubt that the Canaries face a tough time at the Etihad Stadium, but if they can frustrate their exalted opponents and get to half-time on level terms (12/5, Boylesports), they could conceivably upset a side with one eye on next week’s crucial Champions League match against Bayern Munich.
You may also want to watch:
Paddy Power post 3/1 about the opening 45 minutes finishing goalless (Totesport have 12/1 marked against Norwich City retaining a clean sheet for all 90 minutes), and it should be remembered that City went in 1-0 down at Liverpool before bouncing back and forcing a draw.
Victor Chandler’s 12/1 for the opening period to end with Norwich City 1-0 up provides an indication of how difficult it will be for Paul Lambert’s men, but the league leaders have managed just two clean sheets in their last 11 outings, so they’re clearly vulnerable.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
- 2 Giannoulis knows all about reported Canaries target Tzolis
- 3 Ex-Norwich City striker heading for Finland
- 4 Canaries unveil black and turquoise away kit
- 5 Ranking every Norwich City away kit from the 21st century from worst to first
- 6 The truth behind Cantwell to Aston Villa rumours and when City fans should worry
- 7 'That is gorgeous' - City fans loving new away kit
- 8 'We were so close' - Lambert's rare reflection on his success at City
- 9 WINDOW WATCH: All the latest Canaries news discussed
- 10 David Freezer: City will be desperate to avoid further disruption