Norwich City are 16/1 to pull off shock win over leaders
BETTING: Grateful to ‘keeper Joe Hart for keeping their unbeaten Premier League record intact at Anfield last Sunday, an occasionally complacent Manchester City face the Canaries tomorrow as Ladbrokes’ overwhelming 1/6 favourites.
It’s easy to see why. They boast an unblemished home record and have rattled in the goals at a rate of more than three per match. Norwich City face a serious test of their resolve, an examination they start priced at 17.0 (16/1) with Betdaq to pass with flying colours and actually win.
Norwich City are yet to overhaul a team occupying a berth in the top half of the table, though they came from behind to secure an excellent point at Anfield. Sportingbet price them at 100/30 to open the scoring on Saturday, while Stan James offer the same odds about them winning when handed the benefit of a one-goal start. In the same market, bet365 give them a two goal advantage and still offer them at odds against (5/4) to win.
These odds are a reflection of Manchester City’s impressive firepower – they have scored in every league match this term and are 1/5 at Partybets to open the scoring against Norwich City.
There’s little doubt that the Canaries face a tough time at the Etihad Stadium, but if they can frustrate their exalted opponents and get to half-time on level terms (12/5, Boylesports), they could conceivably upset a side with one eye on next week’s crucial Champions League match against Bayern Munich.
You may also want to watch:
Paddy Power post 3/1 about the opening 45 minutes finishing goalless (Totesport have 12/1 marked against Norwich City retaining a clean sheet for all 90 minutes), and it should be remembered that City went in 1-0 down at Liverpool before bouncing back and forcing a draw.
Victor Chandler’s 12/1 for the opening period to end with Norwich City 1-0 up provides an indication of how difficult it will be for Paul Lambert’s men, but the league leaders have managed just two clean sheets in their last 11 outings, so they’re clearly vulnerable.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 6 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 10 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues