MATCHDAY RECAP: Injury-hit Canaries slump to 5-1 home defeat against Aston Villa
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City returned to Carrow Road looking to recover from back-to-back Premier League defeats when they took on Aston Villa this afternoon – and our reporters were there to bring you all the updates, analysis and reaction.
The Canaries have only lost one of their 13 league games at their home stadium in 2019, a dramatic 3-2 defeat to Chelsea in August, and won their other two Carrow Road fixtures so far this season.
That was a deserved 3-1 triumph over Newcastle and a landmark 3-2 victory over reigning top-flight champions Manchester City last month.
However, that unexpected success - and the memorable atmosphere which accompanied it - have been followed by 2-0 defeats away from home against established top-tier sides Crystal Palace and Burnley.
Combined with a horrid injury crisis which is currently keeping nine players out of contention, it leaves Daniel Farke's team with a touch challenge to get back to winning ways.
You may also want to watch:
- You can follow all the action, analysis and post-match reaction above
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies