MATCHDAY RECAP: Injury-hit Canaries slump to 5-1 home defeat against Aston Villa
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City returned to Carrow Road looking to recover from back-to-back Premier League defeats when they took on Aston Villa this afternoon – and our reporters were there to bring you all the updates, analysis and reaction.
The Canaries have only lost one of their 13 league games at their home stadium in 2019, a dramatic 3-2 defeat to Chelsea in August, and won their other two Carrow Road fixtures so far this season.
That was a deserved 3-1 triumph over Newcastle and a landmark 3-2 victory over reigning top-flight champions Manchester City last month.
However, that unexpected success - and the memorable atmosphere which accompanied it - have been followed by 2-0 defeats away from home against established top-tier sides Crystal Palace and Burnley.
Combined with a horrid injury crisis which is currently keeping nine players out of contention, it leaves Daniel Farke's team with a touch challenge to get back to winning ways.
You may also want to watch:
- You can follow all the action, analysis and post-match reaction above
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 5 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 7 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 8 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 9 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit