Norwich City away to Gillingham
David Cuffley Norwich City have been drawn away to Gillingham in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy second round.The match will be played in the week starting October 5.
Norwich City have been drawn away to Gillingham in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy second round.
The match will be played in the week starting October 5.
It means two trips to Gillingham in quick succession for the Canaries with the two sides meeting at Priestfield Stadium in League One on Saturday, September 26.
You may also want to watch:
City beat Brentford 1-0 in the first round on Tuesday, while Gillingham beat Norwich boss Paul Lambert's former club, Colchester, 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.
The regionalised draw took place on Sky's Soccer AM programme today.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 9 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
Northern Section - West: Accrington Stanley v Shrewsbury Town, Bury v Tranmere Rov, Carlisle United v Macclesfield Town, Port Vale v Stockport.
Northern Section - East: Bradford City v Notts Co, Leeds United v Darlington, Chesterfield v Huddersfield Town, Hartlepool Utd v Grimsby Town.
Southern Section - West: Exeter City v Swindon Town, Northampton Town v AFC Bournemouth, Southampton v Torquay United, Hereford United v Aldershot Town.
Southern Section - East: Milton Keynes Dons v Southend United, Leyton Orient v Brighton Hove Albion, Charlton Athletic v Barnet, Gillingham v Norwich City.
Ties will be played week starting October 5, 2009.