‘Utterly dominant’ - City fans joyous after Super Mario strike seals late win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It was Mario Vrancic to the rescue as Norwich City won back-to-back games for the first time since May 2019 at Carrow Road last night.
Todd Cantwell returned and was an influential figure as the Canaries totally dominated Birmingham, with over 70 percent of possession.
Yet they couldn’t unpick the lock until a couple of minutes after Adam Clayton had picked up a second yellow card for the visitors.
The superb Lukas Rupp won back the ball, Emi Buendia found Adam Idah in the box and his fellow substitute was by his side to take the pass and fire low past the Blues keeper in the 87th minute, to roars of delight.
It built on the 2-1 win at Rotherham on Saturday, with Daniel Farke’s team putting in their best display of the season so far, against a team trying to defend.
You may also want to watch:
A fine chance for a third win on the spin awaits on Saturday when newly promoted Wycombe come to Carrow Road, after a bad start to life in the Championship.
- Read the thoughts of City fans above and below
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 10 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move