‘Utterly dominant’ - City fans joyous after Super Mario strike seals late win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It was Mario Vrancic to the rescue as Norwich City won back-to-back games for the first time since May 2019 at Carrow Road last night.
Todd Cantwell returned and was an influential figure as the Canaries totally dominated Birmingham, with over 70 percent of possession.
Yet they couldn’t unpick the lock until a couple of minutes after Adam Clayton had picked up a second yellow card for the visitors.
The superb Lukas Rupp won back the ball, Emi Buendia found Adam Idah in the box and his fellow substitute was by his side to take the pass and fire low past the Blues keeper in the 87th minute, to roars of delight.
It built on the 2-1 win at Rotherham on Saturday, with Daniel Farke’s team putting in their best display of the season so far, against a team trying to defend.
You may also want to watch:
A fine chance for a third win on the spin awaits on Saturday when newly promoted Wycombe come to Carrow Road, after a bad start to life in the Championship.
- Read the thoughts of City fans above and below
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits