‘Utterly dominant’ - City fans joyous after Super Mario strike seals late win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It was Mario Vrancic to the rescue as Norwich City won back-to-back games for the first time since May 2019 at Carrow Road last night.
Todd Cantwell returned and was an influential figure as the Canaries totally dominated Birmingham, with over 70 percent of possession.
Yet they couldn’t unpick the lock until a couple of minutes after Adam Clayton had picked up a second yellow card for the visitors.
The superb Lukas Rupp won back the ball, Emi Buendia found Adam Idah in the box and his fellow substitute was by his side to take the pass and fire low past the Blues keeper in the 87th minute, to roars of delight.
It built on the 2-1 win at Rotherham on Saturday, with Daniel Farke’s team putting in their best display of the season so far, against a team trying to defend.
You may also want to watch:
A fine chance for a third win on the spin awaits on Saturday when newly promoted Wycombe come to Carrow Road, after a bad start to life in the Championship.
- Read the thoughts of City fans above and below
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can City extend their lead at the top of the table with victory over Luton Town?
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 3 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 4 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 6 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 7 Skipp is making his mark at City
- 8 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 9 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 10 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage