'One of those days' - City fans looking at bigger picture after Rovers stalemate
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Knockbacks have been rare for Norwich City this season, but the statistics remain strong despite being held to a draw by Blackburn Rovers at Carrow Road.
Ten unbeaten. Eight points clear at the top of the division. There may be no matching of a club record, but there is still plenty for the Canaries to smile about going into the international break.
The eyes will shift towards the status of central defender Ben Gibson, who was stretchered off after landing awkwardly on his ankle in the final 20 minutes of the encounter.
Blackburn were disciplined and committed all afternoon, they kept their defensive shape and made it hard work for a City side that didn't quite possess the same swagger as in recent weeks.
The Canaries now have two weeks of respite whilst hoping those who fly off on international duty return both full fit and healthy. City travel to Deepdale 48 hours after six of their stars play for their countries.
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters above and below
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 4 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 5 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 7 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 8 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
- 9 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 10 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse