'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Todd Cantwell resembled a player possessed as he put in a man of the match performance during Norwich City's 2-1 victory over Cardiff.
The Canaries academy graduate has been forced to deal with setbacks this season but is beginning to find his rhythm back in the Championship after an injury that ruled him out of a significant amount of action prior to Christmas.
Cantwell's energy was responsible for the creation of numerous chances as the Canaries shined in the first half of the encounter in South Wales. The 22-year-old has netted twice this season, with both goals arriving against Cardiff.
Grant Hanley netted his first goal since August 2018 to put the table-topper ahead before Cantwell tapped into an empty net after Jordan Hugill saw his effort saved by Alex Smithies.
Prior to Swansea City playing Barnsley on Saturday evening, the victory has moved Daniel Farke's side seven points clear of second place and eight ahead of Bournemouth in third.
- Read the social media reaction from supporters and players after the win over Cardiff above and below
- 1 Cantwell opens up on his Norwich City future
- 2 'He was brilliant' - City ace hails winger's impact during latest win
- 3 Norwich City and the Soccerbot360: The inside track on why Canaries want the £750,000 aid
- 4 Ex-City striker Jerome reveals late January bid from Cardiff
- 5 The Canaries' trip to Forest subject to updated kick-off time
- 6 Wycombe have 'nothing to fear' against table toppers, says Ainsworth
- 7 Farke sets promotion points target
- 8 City want to bring 2,000 fans back for Championship run in
- 9 An unhappy anniversary for this Norwich City fan
- 10 City number one on Nyland's arrival and Barden's bright future