Norwich City Championship fixtures 2017-18: Re-live our Canaries‘ debate
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our Norwich City correspondents discussed the Canaries’ 2017-18 EFL Championship fixture release and what is likely to happen in the next stage of Daniel Farke’s squad makeover in the latest Pinkun debate.
Our reporters answered questions on the search for central defenders, the possibility of a striker signing and the potential to tap into the loan market, alongside looking in detail at some of the key dates for the upcoming season.
The Canaries will play 46 games as they bid for promotion back to the Premier League, starting with a trip to bogey side Fulham on Saturday, August 5.
They will face another East Anglian derby double-header with arch rivals Ipswich Town, two long midweek trips north to Middlesbrough and Sunderland respectively, before it all comes to an end at Hillsborough against a Sheffield Wednesday side that has made the play-offs in the last two seasons.
City have been handed a tough opener in heading to Craven Cottage, where Norwich haven’t won since 1986 – that’s eight defeat in 10 visits.
You may also want to watch:
The game will signal the first competitive outing for Farke – the club’s first manager from outside the UK and Ireland.
• Follow Paddy Davitt on Twitter @paddyjdavitt
- 1 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 4 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 5 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 10 Chris Goreham: A new experience providing coverage of Norwich City...