'Great character' - City fans pleased with bounce back win over QPR
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have been in a rare position this week of having to contend with two straight defeats.
Their response at QPR has moved them closer to the title, with a win against Reading at Carrow Road next week enough to secure the title.
It was a performance that contained plenty of hard work and included a pivotal penalty save from Tim Krul whilst the game was 1-0. They asserted enough control to warrant the victory, although Charlie Austin's introduction from the bench led to a nervy spell of QPR pressure.
Goals from Xavi Quintilla, Max Aarons and Emi Buendia secured an important three points for City after two straight defeats despite the mitigating circumstances of Dimitris Giannoulis' red card and celebrations eating into their preparation time for Watford.
Norwich now sit on 93 points with two games remaining.
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters and players above and below
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 4 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 9 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?
- 10 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey