Norwich City confirm full pre-season schedule with Schalke friendly lined up
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Bundesliga side Schalke have been announced as the final opponents of Norwich City’s pre-season training camp in Germany.
The Gelsenkirchen club finished 14th last season - slumping from finishing second in 2018 - so have appointed David Wagner, the former manager of Huddersfield, where he worked alongside City's sporting director Stuart Webber.
The friendly is planned for Friday, July 19 (6.30pm local time, 5.30pm UK time) at the Frimo Stadion in Lotte, the day before Daniel Farke's team are due to fly home from their training camp in Germany.
Canaries star Teemu Pukki played for Schalke between 2011 and 2013, scoring eight goals in 43 games before leaving for Celtic.
The Canaries are due to fly to the North-Rhine Westphalia region on Friday, July 12, with a friendly against Bundesliga II side Arminia Bielefeld planned for Sunday, July 14 (4pm local time) at the Energieversum Stadion, in the Sundern district of Gütersloh.
You may also want to watch:
A friendly against another second-tier side, Paderborn, was due to be played on Tuesday, July 16 but that has been cancelled.
Once back on UK soil there will be a behind-closed-doors friendly against Brentford on Wednesday, July 24 (4.30pm) and then another Championship side on Saturday, July 27 (3pm), away to promoted side Luton Town.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
Two home friendlies against top-level opposition complete the schedule, against Italian side Atalanta on Tuesday, July 30 (7pm) and French team Toulouse on Saturday, August 3 (4pm).
Proper action then begins with a televised fixture away to European champions Liverpool on Friday, August 9 (8pm), kicking off the Premier League season.