Matchday Recap: City top and unbeaten in 10 after draw with Coventry
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Injury-hit Norwich City returned to Carrow Road action with a 1-1 draw with Coventry this afternoon, to continue as Championship leaders and extend an unbeaten run to 10 matches.
The Canaries' injury crisis has deepened since they last played at home prior to the international break, beating Swansea 1-0 thanks to a late strike from Marco Stiepermann.
Tim Krul, Teemu Pukki and Kenny McLean were all in the starting line-up that day, as was Emi Buendia, who serves a one-game ban after a midweek red card for picking up two bookings.
Bali Mumba came off the bench that day and made a big impact but has been ruled until February with a knee injury, while strikers Jordan Hugill and Adam Idah were also on the bench that day but are now also out injured.
Despite those struggles, with Todd Cantwell, Xavi Quintilla, Sam Byram, Kieran Dowell and Onel Hernandez all out as well, Daniel Farke's team won 1-0 at Middlesbrough last Saturday and 3-2 at Stoke on Tuesday, to move to the top of the table prior to this weekend's action
- You can follow all the action, analysis and reaction from Carrow Road with our reporters in the live blog above
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 6 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City