‘They aren’t far away’ - City supporters disappointed after draw with Crystal Palace
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have taken to social media to display their disappointment after the Canaries conceded a late equaliser against Crystal Palace at Carrow Road on New Year’s Day.
Connor Wickham's late strike was initially ruled out by the officials after they suspected he was offside from Wilfried Zaha's cross, but VAR intervened to correctly overturn the decision.
City took the lead after five minutes, with Emi Buendia's shot ricochetting into the path of Todd Cantwell, who displayed great composure to slot it coolly past Vincente Guaita in the Palace goal.
Daniel Farke's men couldn't make their dominance pay however, with their failure to find that elusive second goal proving pivotal as Palace fought their way back into the fixture.
The Canaries have taken the lead in seven of their last nine league fixtures, but have only managed to extract five points. This result means it's only one win in 16 for Farke's men.
You may also want to watch:
City remain rooted to the bottom of the Premier League table, seven points from safety.
- Read the thoughts of City's supporters above and below
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City