‘They aren’t far away’ - City supporters disappointed after draw with Crystal Palace
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have taken to social media to display their disappointment after the Canaries conceded a late equaliser against Crystal Palace at Carrow Road on New Year’s Day.
Connor Wickham's late strike was initially ruled out by the officials after they suspected he was offside from Wilfried Zaha's cross, but VAR intervened to correctly overturn the decision.
City took the lead after five minutes, with Emi Buendia's shot ricochetting into the path of Todd Cantwell, who displayed great composure to slot it coolly past Vincente Guaita in the Palace goal.
Daniel Farke's men couldn't make their dominance pay however, with their failure to find that elusive second goal proving pivotal as Palace fought their way back into the fixture.
The Canaries have taken the lead in seven of their last nine league fixtures, but have only managed to extract five points. This result means it's only one win in 16 for Farke's men.
You may also want to watch:
City remain rooted to the bottom of the Premier League table, seven points from safety.
- Read the thoughts of City's supporters above and below
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work