City Q&A Recap: Incomings, outgoings and future planning
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have a club mantra instructing their players to ignore the noise, once again, Emi Buendia's ear defences are under threat of being breached from the constant shouting over a potential move to Arsenal.
There have been no tangible developments on that front, nor has there been any contact. Former Arsenal player Kevin Campbell threw his weight behind the potential move - not that it will have any impact from the Canaries perspective.
In terms of incomings, Orjan Nyland has been linked with a move to the club. The Norweigan is under consideration as City continue their search for a back-up goalkeeper this month.
Dan Barden impressed at the weekend but Tim Krul's positive Covid-19 diagnosis may mean City step up that search this week.
City would be keen on adding a left-back this month, although there are a series of moving parts in that pursuit. The return of Bali Mumba may play a part as well as Sam Byram's recovery from a hamstring injury that has ruled him out of action for nearly a year.
Beyond the transfer window, the draws for the FA Cup fourth and fifth-round take place on Monday evening, with the Canaries looking to replicate the success they had in the competition last season.
- You can recap our weekly Monday lunchtime Q&A with our Canaries correspondent Connor Southwell above
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 7 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 10 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries