Hanley named in Championship Team of the Week after Wycombe win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Grant Hanley has been included in the official Championship Team of the Week for his performance in the Canaries 2-1 win over Wycombe Wanderers.
The Scot is the second successive City player to be included after Lukas Rupp’s contribution against Birmingham City earned him a place in the Team of the Midweek.
Hanley won two more aerial duels (9) than fellow centre-back Ben Gibson and had a 94 percent pass success rate - higher than anyone on the pitch.
Hanley has returned from injury to help shore up a City defence, with his partnership with Gibson showing plenty of early promise. Rust is still evident however, but that is to be expected given the limited amount of games he’s played since March.
The line-up is decided by WhoScored.com’s official ratings, with City’s captain scoring 8.2 and named as the Man of the Match.
You may also want to watch:
His inclusion comes despite his role in the Chairboys equaliser, when David Wheeler’s header wasn’t cleared and Scott Kashket pounced to score Wycombe’s second goal of the season.
Hanley and Tim Krul seemed to leave the ball for each other, allowing the winger to sneak in and poke the ball into the net. Mario Vrancic’s late winner ensured the Scot wasn’t left to rue that mistake.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 2 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 3 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 4 Through troubled waters to unexpected success - Farke reflects on spell as City boss
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Di Cunningham: Young talent will not be hindered under Farke and Webber's watch
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 9 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
Championship Team of the Week: Seny Diang (QPR); Alan Browne (Preston and North End), Aden Flint (Sheffield Wednesday), Grant Hanley (Norwich City), James McClean (Stoke City); Harvey Elliott (Blackburn Rovers), Marcuss Forss (Brentford), George Saville (Middlesbrough), Ben Brereton (Blackburn Rovers), Adam Armstrong (Blackburn Rovers), Emil Riis Jakobsen (Preston North End). Manager: Michael O’Neill (Stoke City)