Hanley named in Championship Team of the Week after Wycombe win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Grant Hanley has been included in the official Championship Team of the Week for his performance in the Canaries 2-1 win over Wycombe Wanderers.
The Scot is the second successive City player to be included after Lukas Rupp’s contribution against Birmingham City earned him a place in the Team of the Midweek.
Hanley won two more aerial duels (9) than fellow centre-back Ben Gibson and had a 94 percent pass success rate - higher than anyone on the pitch.
Hanley has returned from injury to help shore up a City defence, with his partnership with Gibson showing plenty of early promise. Rust is still evident however, but that is to be expected given the limited amount of games he’s played since March.
The line-up is decided by WhoScored.com’s official ratings, with City’s captain scoring 8.2 and named as the Man of the Match.
You may also want to watch:
His inclusion comes despite his role in the Chairboys equaliser, when David Wheeler’s header wasn’t cleared and Scott Kashket pounced to score Wycombe’s second goal of the season.
Hanley and Tim Krul seemed to leave the ball for each other, allowing the winger to sneak in and poke the ball into the net. Mario Vrancic’s late winner ensured the Scot wasn’t left to rue that mistake.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 5 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 6 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 9 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 10 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
Championship Team of the Week: Seny Diang (QPR); Alan Browne (Preston and North End), Aden Flint (Sheffield Wednesday), Grant Hanley (Norwich City), James McClean (Stoke City); Harvey Elliott (Blackburn Rovers), Marcuss Forss (Brentford), George Saville (Middlesbrough), Ben Brereton (Blackburn Rovers), Adam Armstrong (Blackburn Rovers), Emil Riis Jakobsen (Preston North End). Manager: Michael O’Neill (Stoke City)