MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's promotion party may have been put on ice, but a win against Derby County has moved them within two points of a top-flight return.
Kieran Dowell's first-half free-kick was enough to secure the three points for Daniel Farke's side despite them failing to hit top gear at a sunny Pride Park.
Swansea City's emphatic victory over Millwall at lunchtime saw any potential confirmation of their promotion fall away. Brentford's thrashing of Preston mean the Canaries will have to wait until their match against Bournemouth next weekend.
Wayne Rooney's Derby County continue to look over their shoulder as relegation remains a very real possibility.
The Manchester United legend will be encouraged by an impressive performance by his side, but at this stage, points are all that will matter to England's all-time leading goalscorer.
City have now moved on 90 points, with just two required to secure promotion.
- Recap the action live with our matchday blog
- 1 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 2 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 3 Spurs confirm Skipp has had surgery after injury with Canaries
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 5 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 6 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 7 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 8 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
- 9 Tettey's heartfelt thanks to City fans
- 10 City transfer rumours: Manchester United defender in the frame