City deserve to have more points on the board – Zimmermann
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Christoph Zimmermann knows the hard work that went in to earning a point at Leicester must continue if Norwich City are to pick up enough points to stay in the Premier League.
The Canaries were fully deserving of the draw against the in-form Foxes but the hosts, who were searching for a ninth win on the spin, still had 18 shots at goal compared to the visitors' 10, with five of those on target for Leicester and three for Norwich.
"Of course they had some chances as well but it wasn't as if they had 15 shots on target and we just had one," said Zimmermann.
"And also the quality of the chances, I think Leicester were quite level, maybe they were a little bit ahead. But also I think the first 10 minutes of the second half they came out really quickly and started quite well, and we needed to survive that, which we did brilliantly.
"And after that also at some times in the game we got control and played with confidence and showed that we were able to play our football. Also because of that it is quite risky and we are a bit exposed at the back, but that helped us to a really good performance and a good result."
You may also want to watch:
With survival rivals Watford, Southampton and Aston Villa all losing on Saturday, the point moved Daniel Farke's team to within three of Villa in the final position of safety in 17th. It also saw City bounce back from 2-1 defeats to Sheffield United and Southampton, but Zimmermann feels City's recent performances have been better than their 19th placed position reflects.
The German defender continued: "We now have five points from five games, we started with a good result and performance (winning 2-0) at Everton and then against Arsenal I thought after they had equalised we should have won the game because we had a lot of chances - if there was one team who were going to win it was us, so we should have got more from that.
- 1 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries tracking Bosnia midfielder
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Bordeaux winger on the radar
- 4 'Criminally underrated' - City ace a huge Euros miss for Villa star
- 5 Sinani ready for a scrap at City
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Premier League forward in Canaries' sights
- 7 Buendia's Argentina call-up leaves Canaries in unfamiliar territory
- 8 Hit or miss? City's Premier League loan history
- 9 From Croatia to Iceland - the mixed fortunes of City's loan stable
- 10 Delia reveals Norwich squad's touching tribute to her late mother Etty
"Then Southampton we should have got more from that. Because of the first half we deserved to lose it but also then even with the last chance of the game we had chances to equalise.
"Then against Sheffield we gave it away far too cheaply. Today we were able to drive away with a point and I think it would have been possible for us to not just have five points from the last five games, but maybe eight or nine."