'He is the difference' - City fans left purring after Buendia display in Cardiff win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia netted his fifth goal in seven games as Norwich City beat Cardiff City at Carrow Road and supporters were left purring over his contribution.
The Argentine midfielder scored the opener and created the second, as the Canaries secured top spot at Christmas and won their fifth successive game in the league. However, the January transfer window threatens to throw up more uncertainty just as the waters had gotten calmer for Daniel Farke.
Buendia has found form in the Championship at the right time, with an injury crisis threatening to derail the progression City made in the league. Now they travel to Watford on Boxing Day hoping to extend that gap between the top two and the chasers.
Farke has turned a Premier League relegation full of embarrassment into a side brimming with resilience. Cardiff posed a physical test and the Canaries dealt with the threats posed by the Welsh side successfully.
City can now enjoy their turkey and open their presents knowing they sit top of the tree this Christmas. The next task will be holding onto their prized assets that others will be looking to sign in the New Year.
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City fans above and below
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 8 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 9 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know