Norwich City face fight for Llera
David Cuffley One of Norwich City's reported summer transfer targets has had talks with another of the clubs relegated to League One. Charlton Athletic have confirmed that they have spoken to Spanish defender Miguel Angel Llera.
One of Norwich City's reported summer transfer targets has had talks with another of the clubs relegated to League One.
Charlton Athletic have confirmed that they have spoken to Spanish defender Miguel Angel Llera.
Llera was linked with the Canaries after turning down a new deal with Milton Keynes Dons, making him a free agent.
You may also want to watch:
But Charlton boss Phil Parkinson has confirmed that Llera is on his transfer wish list and that he has held talks with him.
“Llera is one of the players we've spoken to but we'll have to wait and see what happens,” said Parkinson, whose side beat the Canaries 4-2 on the final day of the season five weeks ago as both clubs bade farewell to the Championship.
- 1 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 2 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 6 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 10 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
City boss Bryan Gunn would not confirm whether he had spoken to Llera but said today: “We know he's out of contract - one of a number of players out of contract - but I think he's been mentioned in connection with quite a few teams.”
According to reports, Doncaster Rovers and Cardiff City are also monitoring the situation.
Llera joined MK Dons on a free transfer last summer from Spanish Second Division side Hercules. The 29-year-old made 34 appearances for MK last season, playing in both legs of the League One play-off semi-final against Scunthorpe.
Gunn's defensive resources will be stretched with skipper Gary Doherty and Dejan Stefanovic the only experienced centre-halves under contract.