‘Announce Champions League’ – Canaries fans excited by calibre of keeper signing
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The signing of Ralf Fahrmann got some Norwich City supporters rather excited this afternoon, after the goalkeeper’s season-long loan from Bundesliga side Schalke was confirmed
The 30-year-old has been brought in to provide strong competition for current City number one Tim Krul, with Northern Ireland veteran Michael McGovern to provide cover.
Fahrmann has spent the majority of his career with Schalke and has almost 200 Bundesliga appearances on his CV and 40 in the Champions League or Europa League.
However, after wearing the captain's armband for the first half of a disappointing last campaign, he spent the second half either injured or covering for highly-rated youngster Alexander Nubel.
Schalke slumped from runners-up in the Bundesliga in 2018, to finishing 14th last season, although they did reach the first knockout stages of the Champions League.
You may also want to watch:
The arrival completes Farke's keeper options ahead of pre-season fixtures beginning, with Krul signing a new deal to extend his terms until 2022 since his key role in last's season's Championship title success.
- Take a look at some of the best of the reaction to the signing above and below
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 5 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?