‘Fully deserves his new deal’ – Krul contract news proves popular with Canaries fans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tim Krul’s new long-term contract at Norwich City has been welcomed by most supporters, as an already busy off-season continues for the promoted Canaries.
Sporting director Stuart Webber had already signed outfield players Timm Klose and Marco Stiepermann to new deals and continued that contract work with Dutch keeper Krul committing until 2022.
Having also signed Manchester City starlet Patrick Roberts on a season-long loan last week, City are wasting no time in putting plans in place for the Premier League.
Krul was an ever present for Daniel Farke's team as the Championship title was won in 2018-19, having signed on a free transfer last summer, signing a two-year deal.
The 31-year-old had spent the season providing cover at Brighton in the top flight but was keen for regular game time to try and regain his full form and fitness, having suffered a knee ligament injury while on international duty with Holland in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song