‘Fully deserves his new deal’ – Krul contract news proves popular with Canaries fans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tim Krul’s new long-term contract at Norwich City has been welcomed by most supporters, as an already busy off-season continues for the promoted Canaries.
Sporting director Stuart Webber had already signed outfield players Timm Klose and Marco Stiepermann to new deals and continued that contract work with Dutch keeper Krul committing until 2022.
Having also signed Manchester City starlet Patrick Roberts on a season-long loan last week, City are wasting no time in putting plans in place for the Premier League.
Krul was an ever present for Daniel Farke's team as the Championship title was won in 2018-19, having signed on a free transfer last summer, signing a two-year deal.
The 31-year-old had spent the season providing cover at Brighton in the top flight but was keen for regular game time to try and regain his full form and fitness, having suffered a knee ligament injury while on international duty with Holland in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 5 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City