Norwich City fans have key role
Norwich City supporters are "pivotal" to the team's chance of automatic promotion this season.The Canaries are likely to be backed by more than 1,300 supporters at Oldham this afternoon - and manager Paul Lambert says their role is vitally important as the season approaches its most important phase.
Norwich City supporters are "pivotal" to the team's chance of automatic promotion this season.
The Canaries are likely to be backed by more than 1,300 supporters at Oldham this afternoon - and manager Paul Lambert says their role is vitally important as the season approaches its most important phase.
"The crowd I think are brilliant and whenever I leave this football club I will always look back and think, 'what a crowd Norwich City have got'," he said.
"It should never be underestimated what it does for the team and what it does for the club. It is vital.
You may also want to watch:
"We need them, there is no doubt, and it is great because the other night (against Southend) was proper. Somebody told me the last time they had a game like that was when Adam Drury scored in the 4-4 game (against Middlesbrough in January, 2005). The great thing was not many people left the stadium, so it is proper."
Lambert says it is essential that team and crowd are as one over the coming weeks.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 5 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
"They have a terrific thing going with the crowd at the minute," he said. "The crowd are pivotal to it, absolutely pivotal, and if we stick together with them we have got a great chance.
"If we can get the crowd with us and the players going with us we are in with a shout."