Norwich City fans have key role
Norwich City supporters are "pivotal" to the team's chance of automatic promotion this season.The Canaries are likely to be backed by more than 1,300 supporters at Oldham this afternoon - and manager Paul Lambert says their role is vitally important as the season approaches its most important phase.
Norwich City supporters are "pivotal" to the team's chance of automatic promotion this season.
The Canaries are likely to be backed by more than 1,300 supporters at Oldham this afternoon - and manager Paul Lambert says their role is vitally important as the season approaches its most important phase.
"The crowd I think are brilliant and whenever I leave this football club I will always look back and think, 'what a crowd Norwich City have got'," he said.
"It should never be underestimated what it does for the team and what it does for the club. It is vital.
You may also want to watch:
"We need them, there is no doubt, and it is great because the other night (against Southend) was proper. Somebody told me the last time they had a game like that was when Adam Drury scored in the 4-4 game (against Middlesbrough in January, 2005). The great thing was not many people left the stadium, so it is proper."
Lambert says it is essential that team and crowd are as one over the coming weeks.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
"They have a terrific thing going with the crowd at the minute," he said. "The crowd are pivotal to it, absolutely pivotal, and if we stick together with them we have got a great chance.
"If we can get the crowd with us and the players going with us we are in with a shout."