‘Can’t we just fast forward to next season?’ - City fans disappointed after 1-0 defeat to Everton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s return to top-flight football has left many wishing the Premier League never restarted at all.
The Canaries suffered their second consecutive defeat since the top-flight resumed against Everton on Wednesday evening - less than a week after they were well-beaten by Southampton at Carrow Road.
Michael Keane’s header 10 minutes after half-time proved to be the difference, with City lacking significant quality in the final third to cause any damage.
City were limited to one shot on target - a long-range strike from Lukas Rupp on the cusp of half-time after Daniel Farke elected to drop Emi Buendia, Todd Cantwell and Teemu Pukki to the bench.
City’s best chance fell to Onel Hernandez, who saw his shot deflected onto the post after cutting inside from the left.
You may also want to watch:
Everton arrived at Carrow Road having had two days less to recover following a Merseyside Derby stalemate with Liverpool.
City’s attentions turn to Saturday evening as they welcome Manchester United in the FA Cup quarter-final.
- 1 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 2 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 6 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 7 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 8 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- Read the thoughts of City fans following the defeat above and below