‘Can’t we just fast forward to next season?’ - City fans disappointed after 1-0 defeat to Everton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s return to top-flight football has left many wishing the Premier League never restarted at all.
The Canaries suffered their second consecutive defeat since the top-flight resumed against Everton on Wednesday evening - less than a week after they were well-beaten by Southampton at Carrow Road.
Michael Keane’s header 10 minutes after half-time proved to be the difference, with City lacking significant quality in the final third to cause any damage.
City were limited to one shot on target - a long-range strike from Lukas Rupp on the cusp of half-time after Daniel Farke elected to drop Emi Buendia, Todd Cantwell and Teemu Pukki to the bench.
City’s best chance fell to Onel Hernandez, who saw his shot deflected onto the post after cutting inside from the left.
You may also want to watch:
Everton arrived at Carrow Road having had two days less to recover following a Merseyside Derby stalemate with Liverpool.
City’s attentions turn to Saturday evening as they welcome Manchester United in the FA Cup quarter-final.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
- Read the thoughts of City fans following the defeat above and below