‘Such a relief!’ - City fans delighted after Rotherham victory
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It wasn’t a vintage performance - but ultimately it’s the three points that Norwich City will draw positivity from after recording their second win of the season against Rotherham United.
The Canaries will be hoping that Jordan Hugill’s last-gasp winner will propel them forward as they head deeper into the season.
Relief and delight have been the overriding emotions from City supporters on social media.
A roaring away end was the only thing missing - Hugill’s penalty would have been scored in front of a delirious away contingent, but supporters still find themselves following along from home.
It was a frenetic encounter from start to finish - Freddie Ladapo seized upon a chaotic piece of defending from City to put the Millers ahead after three minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The Millers striker then saw his spot-kick saved by Tim Krul after Adam Idah’s reckless challenge on Clark Robertson.
Michael Ihiekwe’s own goal after a slick passage of possession from City gave them a foothold in the game before Angus MacDonald’s rash tackle saw the hosts reduced to ten men.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 8 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
Emi Buendia drew a foul from Florian Jozefzoon deep into stoppage time before Hugill confidently rolled the ball into the net to ensure City left the New York Stadium with three points.
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters above and below