‘Could be our best bit of business this summer’ – City fans thrilled that Klose is staying
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
News of Timm Klose’s new contract has given Norwich City supporters an early off-season boost, with the Switzerland international defender’s deal hailed as great business ahead of a return to the Premier League.
The Canaries announced the 31-year-old had signed a new three-year contract on Monday evening, bringing an end to concerns that the centre-back will be leaving.
Klose was out of contract this summer and had been linked with Rangers and Fenerbahce, having also been pursued by German club Hannover at the start of the season.
However, the former Wolfsburg defender has committed to City until 2022, teeing up another chance to play in the Premier League.
Signed in January 2016 for around £7.5million, Klose has made 118 appearances for the Canaries so far but knee ligament damage saw him miss the final five games - with many fans looking back on that injury as pivotal to relegation.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes