‘Could be our best bit of business this summer’ – City fans thrilled that Klose is staying
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
News of Timm Klose’s new contract has given Norwich City supporters an early off-season boost, with the Switzerland international defender’s deal hailed as great business ahead of a return to the Premier League.
The Canaries announced the 31-year-old had signed a new three-year contract on Monday evening, bringing an end to concerns that the centre-back will be leaving.
Klose was out of contract this summer and had been linked with Rangers and Fenerbahce, having also been pursued by German club Hannover at the start of the season.
However, the former Wolfsburg defender has committed to City until 2022, teeing up another chance to play in the Premier League.
Signed in January 2016 for around £7.5million, Klose has made 118 appearances for the Canaries so far but knee ligament damage saw him miss the final five games - with many fans looking back on that injury as pivotal to relegation.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 2 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 6 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 7 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 8 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return