Buendia claims top spot as City’s ratings for Fifa 21 are revealed
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia is the best player in Norwich City’s squad, according to the updated ratings for the new instalment of the Fifa video game series.
Fifa 21 is set to be released across gaming platforms on Tuesday, October 6 but those all important ratings have already been made available, with Barcelona star Lionel Messi remaining the highest rated player at 93 out of 100.
That’s ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo on 92 and four players on 91: Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski, Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne, PSG star Neymar and Atletico Madrid keeper Jan Oblak.
There has been a changing of the guard in the virtual Canaries squad following Premier League relegation however, with loanees Ralf Fahrmann (80) and Ibrahim Amadou (78) the highest rated players when Fifa 20 was released last year - ratings that update based on form once the season is in progress.
It was striker Teemu Pukki next in line as a 77 but this year Argentine playmaker Buendia has claimed top spot with a rating of 77 of his own, with Pukki dropping to 76 despite scoring 11 goals in the top flight last season and helping Finland to qualify for the European Championship.
Tim Krul is just behind on 75, followed by Todd Cantwell and left-back Xavi Quintilla on 74.
Buendia and Cantwell featuring in the upper echelons of the ratings emphasises the difficulties City are facing during the final weeks of the transfer window, after Daniel Farke left both out of his squad for the 1-0 loss at Bournemouth on Sunday, as he felt they had lost their focus amid transfer talk.
You may also want to watch:
The individual attributes are also available, with summer signing Przemek Placheta rated as the fastest player, with pace of 94 out of 100 - ahead of Onel Hernandez on 83 and Max Aarons on 81.
Buendia is rated as the best passer of the ball on 78, ahead of Mario Vrancic and Lukas Rupp on 74.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 9 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 10 Young Canaries suffer last-gasp defeat in first game of 2021
While it’s Timm Klose rated as the best defensively on 75, ahead of Christoph Zimmermann and recent loan signing Ben Gibson on 73.
NCFC Fifa 21 ratings
77 - Emi Buendia
76 - Teemu Pukki
75 - Tim Krul
74 - Todd Cantwell, Xavi Quintilla
73 - Max Aarons, Sam Byram, Onel Hernandez, Lukas Rupp
72 - Josip Drmic, Ben Godfrey, Timm Klose, Moritz Leitner, Kenny McLean, Tom Trybull, Mario Vrancic
71 - Ben Gibson, Marco Stiepermann, Alex Tettey, Christoph Zimmermann
70 - Grant Hanley, Jordan Hugill
69 - Kieran Dowell, Przemyslaw Placheta, Oliver Skipp
68 - Jacob Sorensen
67 - Michael McGovern
65 - Adam Idah