Norwich City game 'brilliant' for Dereham
Ian Clarke Dereham chairman Mike Baldry was delighted with the success of the Magpies' latest friendly against Norwich City - and said it has set the club up for the new season.
Dereham chairman Mike Baldry was delighted with the success of the Magpies' latest friendly against Norwich City - and said it has set the club up for the new season.
The Canaries have become regular pre-season visitors to Aldiss Park in recent years and have been impressed with the pitch, facilities and competitive yet sensible opposition Dereham provide.
The fact that City boss Paul Lambert fielded virtually every first team player in the 3-0 win was also testament to the faith Norwich have in playing at Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
The fixture also suits Dereham very well and another bumper 2000 crowd has given a welcome financial boost to the Ridgeons League outfit.
Baldry said: “Everyone has enjoyed it and the day has been brilliant. Our boys did well and the game was played in a good spirit.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: City remain top despite Luton defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 4 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 6 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 7 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 8 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 9 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
“We have always had a good relationship with Norwich City and today has cemented it even more. Paul Lambert and some directors have come and they are all impressed with the set up here. I hope it will happen again.”
Baldry added: “It is very good for the club. The years we do not play Norwich, it is more difficult financially during the season. But this will set us up for the coming season.”