PODCAST: Dowell impressing as City continue German tour
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s pre-season preparations are continuing in Germany - with the Canaries yet to concede a goal since returning to action.
But, as always with friendlies, the caveat is that pre-season is such a difficult period to judge. After all, City were unbeaten prior to their infamous 7-1 defeat to Colchester United in 2009.
Connor Southwell is joined by Chris Lakey and Paddy Davitt - who is covering the Canaries tour of Germany and provides his analysis of their performances so far.
Kieran Dowell’s performance in the 3-0 victory over German third-tier side Verl SC on Monday offered plenty of encouragement to City’s supporters.
Daniel Farke was open about the Canaries struggles in midfield last season, particularly as Marco Stiepermann and Ondrej Duda failed to grasp the mantle as a number ten.
You may also want to watch:
Dowell’s attacking productivity - a goal and a sumptuous cross which Adam Idah expertly converted - is hopefully a sign of things to come next season.
Paddy caught up with the Everton academy graduate in Germany along with Farke - both of the exclusive chats are included in this week’s Pink Un Podcast.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 7 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 10 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
The crew also discuss the addition of Jordan Hugill, who joined City from West Ham United earlier this week. The 28-year-old opened his account for the club with the second goal in City’s 2-0 win over Dynamo Dresden yesterday.
Ben Gibson is a name that has been touted with a move to Carrow Road throughout the summer as City continue their search for an additional centre-back.
City’s interest in the defender is well-known, with the powers that be hoping to bring the ex-Middlesbrough captain to the club.
Farke’s side end their tour with a double-header against SV Darmstadt 98 on Saturday. The Bundesliga Two club will play two 90 minutes against separate City XIs.
The Canaries will then return to Norfolk to prepare for their first competitive game of the season against Luton Town in the Carabao Cup next Saturday.
- You can listen to the latest edition of the Pink Un Podcast above - click here to subscribe to the show