PODCAST: Dowell impressing as City continue German tour
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s pre-season preparations are continuing in Germany - with the Canaries yet to concede a goal since returning to action.
But, as always with friendlies, the caveat is that pre-season is such a difficult period to judge. After all, City were unbeaten prior to their infamous 7-1 defeat to Colchester United in 2009.
Connor Southwell is joined by Chris Lakey and Paddy Davitt - who is covering the Canaries tour of Germany and provides his analysis of their performances so far.
Kieran Dowell’s performance in the 3-0 victory over German third-tier side Verl SC on Monday offered plenty of encouragement to City’s supporters.
Daniel Farke was open about the Canaries struggles in midfield last season, particularly as Marco Stiepermann and Ondrej Duda failed to grasp the mantle as a number ten.
You may also want to watch:
Dowell’s attacking productivity - a goal and a sumptuous cross which Adam Idah expertly converted - is hopefully a sign of things to come next season.
Paddy caught up with the Everton academy graduate in Germany along with Farke - both of the exclusive chats are included in this week’s Pink Un Podcast.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 5 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 6 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 9 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?
The crew also discuss the addition of Jordan Hugill, who joined City from West Ham United earlier this week. The 28-year-old opened his account for the club with the second goal in City’s 2-0 win over Dynamo Dresden yesterday.
Ben Gibson is a name that has been touted with a move to Carrow Road throughout the summer as City continue their search for an additional centre-back.
City’s interest in the defender is well-known, with the powers that be hoping to bring the ex-Middlesbrough captain to the club.
Farke’s side end their tour with a double-header against SV Darmstadt 98 on Saturday. The Bundesliga Two club will play two 90 minutes against separate City XIs.
The Canaries will then return to Norfolk to prepare for their first competitive game of the season against Luton Town in the Carabao Cup next Saturday.
- You can listen to the latest edition of the Pink Un Podcast above - click here to subscribe to the show