Norwich City Girls reports and picture
Norwich City Girls U12 had a quick return match with North Walsham, this time in the league.
They carried on from where they left off in the cup match by pushing forward from the kick-off and winning an early corner.
After several missed chances the North Walsham keeper’s clearance fell to Beth whose excellent lob opened the scoring.
Good passing between Beth, Rachel and Shana led to Cerys shooting wide from distance.
Emily then had a couple of chances but both went wide. Beth then had another chance but put it wide when through with just the keeper to beat. Emily took a corner which was forced in by Shana at the near post to make it 2-0. Then just before half-time from an Emily throw the North Walsham keeper fumbled the ball into her own net to make it 3-0 at the break.
Cerys and Emily both had shots saved by the North Walsham keeper early in the second half.
Emily was denied by the post, but Shana reacted the quickest to score from the rebound. Norwich continued to play well as a team. Emily was again unlucky with another shot that hit a post.
- 1 Ex-Norwich City striker set for 10-match ban
- 2 Bullish Smith puts City rivals on notice
- 3 City coach Bramley on Premier League, playing principles and strategy
- 4 'I tried to have a little go': Delia Smith on Truss's Carrow Road visits
- 5 'A front line to be jealous about' - Appleton's verdict on Norwich City
- 6 Smith takeaways: City boss on Hayden setback; Gibbs boost; international crew and a mad October
- 7 PRESSER: Blackpool v Norwich City - Key duo fit for duty; Hayden setback
- 8 Smith's 'pride' at Canaries' reset
- 9 Will Jennings: Don't be fooled; fans still care about their beloved Norwich City
- 10 Ex-Norwich City midfielder confirmed as Huddersfield boss
Rachel then scored with a shot that went in off a post. Shana had a shot from close range to score.
Norwich continued to dominate with a shot from Rhiannon being tipped over. Shana scored her fourth and then Kate completed the scoring when she thumped home the eighth when the ball came free in the area.
A good all-round performance with stand-in keeper Rhiannon keeping a clean sheet until she came out for the last 10 minutes. Chloe and Cerys were solid in defence to make it five clean sheets in a row.
Final score: Norwich 8, North Walsham 0.
Norwich City Girls U12 are pictured above with the new rain jackets thanks to sponsors Cozens Electrical.
Norwich City Girls U10 made a promising start to their cup game against Thorpe United with a good run and passing move to win an early corner.
Thorpe keeper’s poor goal-kick resulted in Nicole taking advantage to score.
Norwich continued to press forward, forcing Thorpe’s keeper to make several good saves as Norwich created plenty of chances.
Eventually Robyn burst through to find the back of the net to make it 2-0 at half-time.
The second half carried on in the same vein but chances were not taken.
Thorpe United seemed to get into their stride and began to pass the ball well and started to threaten, but Abi and Jorja in defence held firm. Norwich finished the game as they started but were unable to add to their total.
Full time 2-0.
Norwich City U10 still need a couple more girls to join their small squad, and anyone interested should contact Paul Bussey on 01603 701389.