Norwich City have the best coach in the Championship, says Stuart Webber
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Norwich City have the best coach in the Championship, insists Stuart Webber.
Daniel Farke embarks on his first official outing as the Canaries’ head coach today at Fulham and the man who recruited him is in no doubt City are in safe hands, after a major summer upheaval.
“I truly believe that, seeing how he has worked at Dortmund and with the guys here for six weeks,” said the club’s sporting director. “Whether that is enough or the players are good enough we will find out soon enough but the level of detail, his manner with the players and developing the culture we want, of hard work and respect, is impressive. Our relationship is probably the most important in the club. We need to be on the same page.
“We have to challenge each other. We have to share the same targets and then we have to have huge respect for each other’s position.
“I know Daniel has to stand there in front of 3,000 or 4,000 fans at Fulham and handle that pressure. He has to respect I am also working for the longer term good of the club.
You may also want to watch:
“Daniel has touched on this before but because he has been sat in my chair he has that empathy and the same applies to me because I have worked closely with managers in this type of scenario. I have certainly learnt a lot from him and vice versa, which is good because we are open-minded and ambitious for this club. Steve Stone falls into that category as well.
“This only works if the three of us work together. Then I am sure we can be successful. What success looks like, we have to work out from here.”
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
Webber and Farke aim to foster a new positive spirit at Carrow Road.
“We want staff who can knock on my door or his door and have a chat and perhaps say they disagree. No problem, let’s talk about it,” he said. “People don’t grow if they are working under fear. Eventually you go into a shell and don’t talk and if things are heading in the wrong direction, like when the ship is approaching the iceberg, they are scared the captain will shout at them so they don’t speak up. Daniel knows he has my full support and vice versa. There is a real healthy level of respect for each other.
“A lot of that was established before he came. If there were any doubts it wouldn’t have worked. He has delivered everything he said he would deliver.”