Norwich City in reported double swoop for Swansea City’s Danny Graham and Celtic’s Gary Hooper
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have reportedly made a £10m double bid for Swansea City’s Danny Graham and Celtic’s Gary Hooper.
The Sun has reported that the Canaries yesterday made a £5m offer for Celtic striker Hooper along with a similar bid for Swansea City forward Graham as reported earlier in the day by Sky Sports.
Hooper has turned down a new deal from the Parkhead club, who have made the knock-out stages of this season’s Champions League. The 24-year-old’s current deal is due to end in the summer of 2014.
City boss Hughton was at Celtic’s recent clash with Motherwell, in which Hooper scored – and that has led to a number of Celtic players being linked to the Canaries.
Hooper made his name with Scunthorpe, and reportedly came close to joining Southampton in 2011 on a deal that would have reportedly paid him £50,000 per week once they reached the top-flight. Hooper has an impressive 62 goals in 106 games for the Glasgow club.
Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup confirmed the club have received bids for striker Danny Graham.
Laudrup said: “Nobody is moving today. The only thing I can say is that it is true there have been bids but apart from that I won’t comment.
- 1 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 2 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 3 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 4 How much is Teemu Pukki worth to Norwich City?
- 5 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 6 Media exclusion from Webber interview hardly 'transparent'
- 7 David Hannant: A barrel-scraping end of season highlight reel
- 8 Smith searching for a Pukki support cast
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on AFC Wimbledon winger
- 10 City keeper recalled to Wales U21 squad after successful cancer treatment
“I do not want to go into what clubs are involved.”