Norwich City in reported double swoop for Swansea City’s Danny Graham and Celtic’s Gary Hooper
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have reportedly made a £10m double bid for Swansea City’s Danny Graham and Celtic’s Gary Hooper.
The Sun has reported that the Canaries yesterday made a £5m offer for Celtic striker Hooper along with a similar bid for Swansea City forward Graham as reported earlier in the day by Sky Sports.
Hooper has turned down a new deal from the Parkhead club, who have made the knock-out stages of this season’s Champions League. The 24-year-old’s current deal is due to end in the summer of 2014.
City boss Hughton was at Celtic’s recent clash with Motherwell, in which Hooper scored – and that has led to a number of Celtic players being linked to the Canaries.
Hooper made his name with Scunthorpe, and reportedly came close to joining Southampton in 2011 on a deal that would have reportedly paid him £50,000 per week once they reached the top-flight. Hooper has an impressive 62 goals in 106 games for the Glasgow club.
You may also want to watch:
Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup confirmed the club have received bids for striker Danny Graham.
Laudrup said: “Nobody is moving today. The only thing I can say is that it is true there have been bids but apart from that I won’t comment.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 4 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 5 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 6 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 7 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: QPR v City - Bullish Farke on Aarons' Everton link; no new injuries
“I do not want to go into what clubs are involved.”