Norwich City in reported double swoop for Swansea City’s Danny Graham and Celtic’s Gary Hooper
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have reportedly made a £10m double bid for Swansea City’s Danny Graham and Celtic’s Gary Hooper.
The Sun has reported that the Canaries yesterday made a £5m offer for Celtic striker Hooper along with a similar bid for Swansea City forward Graham as reported earlier in the day by Sky Sports.
Hooper has turned down a new deal from the Parkhead club, who have made the knock-out stages of this season’s Champions League. The 24-year-old’s current deal is due to end in the summer of 2014.
City boss Hughton was at Celtic’s recent clash with Motherwell, in which Hooper scored – and that has led to a number of Celtic players being linked to the Canaries.
Hooper made his name with Scunthorpe, and reportedly came close to joining Southampton in 2011 on a deal that would have reportedly paid him £50,000 per week once they reached the top-flight. Hooper has an impressive 62 goals in 106 games for the Glasgow club.
You may also want to watch:
Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup confirmed the club have received bids for striker Danny Graham.
Laudrup said: “Nobody is moving today. The only thing I can say is that it is true there have been bids but apart from that I won’t comment.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make bid for Peterborough ace
- 2 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 3 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 5 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 6 'There isn't one team that stands out' - Bees' boss on promotion fight
- 7 Boro set to sign Premier League forward ahead of Norwich trip
- 8 'He came crying' - Former coach details Giannoulis left-back conversion
- 9 Connor Southwell: Sorting Todd’s contract is City’s next big mission
- 10 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
“I do not want to go into what clubs are involved.”