Norwich City Ladies drop points on their travels
- Credit: Archant
Arlesey Town 2, Norwich City Ladies 2
Norwich City Ladies travelled to lowly Arlesey Town on Sunday, looking for three points, but drew their first game of the campaign.
The game started at a frantic pace, with both teams looking to make their mark during the early exchanges.
As City cleared the ball, it fell kindly to an Arlesey player who hit the ball first time, unopposed at the referee was positioned centrally and blocked the defensive run of Collison, looping high in the air and over Fiona Coombes in goal.
With only 10 minutes played, the referee awarded a penalty to Arlesey, much to the disapproval of Coombes after she was adjudged to have got the ball with her first hand and her trailing hand bringing down the striker. This decision led to Norwich being 2-0 down after the spot kick was dispatched.
You may also want to watch:
City had an uphill task to get any point from the game, and with only 15 minutes on the clock, Arlesey started to employ time-wasting tactics to stop City’s rhythm.
Norwich pulled a goal back on 16 minutes after a City corner bounced and was hand-balled in the Arlesey penalty area. Sasha Diston stepped up and smashed the ball into the roof of the net to make the score 2-1.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 8 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 9 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 10 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
City came out all attack after half time, looking more of an attacking threat and passing with more purpose.
Chances were created for Diston, Anna Larkins and Kate Parsons, but none were able to equalise. Following a string of Norwich corners, Cooper played a short corner with Gemma Farman, whose delivery was headed home by Diston to equalise on 67 minutes.
With only 23 minutes for someone to find a winner, Coombes had to make two good saves to keep the score 2-2.
City, having brought on Nadine Basson and Kyla Love thought they had won the game when Farman hit the ball from distance, which fell just wide of the far post.
Norwich team: Coombes, Newcombe, Diston, Gray, Cooper, Collison, Farman, Clark, Larkins, Parsons, Stephens Subs: Love, Basson.