Norwich City line up new main sponsor
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Canaries are poised to unveil their new main sponsor in the coming days after confirming the end of a nine-year tie up with Aviva.
The insurance giant will continue to work closely with Norwich City on a community partnership basis, with projects such as Aviva Matchday Buddies and Aviva Footy Finance in place, and through the Norwich City Community Sports Foundation. Aviva will also remain the sponsor of the Community Stand as the club’s official community partner.
City have declined to comment on reports they had agreed a potential shirt sponsorship with Swedish mobile gaming company, LeoVegas, after a picture emerged earlier this week of Ivo Pinto wearing what appeared to be the club’s new strip for the 2017/18 Championship season.
Both the new kit and the main sponsor, however, are expected to be unveiled within the next week.
City’s managing director, Steve Stone, speaking to the club’s official site, paid tribute to Aviva’s long-term support.
“We are extremely grateful for Aviva’s outstanding support and the significant investment they have given us over such a prolonged period of time,” he said. “In the modern era, a nine-year main club partner association is very rare and they have been with us throughout a memorable period for the club. We are delighted to be continuing with our relationship which will help realise and support both organisations’ on-going community objectives.”
You may also want to watch:
Lucas Burgmans, Aviva’s head of brand, added: “We’re extremely proud of the strong relationship we have built with Norwich City over the past nine years, and we’re delighted to be continuing our partnership as official community partner. We are excited about the innovative ideas and plans to really bring community to the heart of what we do.”
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 7 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 10 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries