Norwich City linked to defender Seaborne
David Cuffley Norwich City boss Paul Lambert is ready to boost his defensive ranks with a bid for Exeter City defender Danny Seaborne. It is believed the Scot is poised to make his move for the 22-year-old after seeing his back line hit by injury during the past few weeks.
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert is ready to boost his defensive ranks with a bid for Exeter City defender Danny Seaborne.
It is believed the Scot is poised to make his move for the 22-year-old after seeing his back line hit by injury during the past few weeks.
Michael Spillane joined Michael Nelson and Jon Otsemobor on the injured list for a few weeks after injuring his hamstring during the 5-1 victory against Bristol Rovers, while left-back Rhoys Wiggins - who made his debut at Gillingham last night - is still short of match fitness after his summer move from Crystal Palace.
And although Gary Doherty has been called back into the first team picture, Lambert was without a defender among his seven substitutes during the win at Carrow Road, and midfielder Korey Smith was forced to fill in at right-back after Spillane limped off in the second half. But now City will attempt to secure a deal with the Grecians - initially on loan, but with a likely view to making it permanent in the January transfer window.
Seaborne did not play against the Canaries in the 1-1 draw at St James' Park in August, but has been a key figure in the Grecians' rise to League One from the Conference in the past two seasons. He stands 6ft tall and can play either left-back or centre-back.
- 1 'It's something' - Fans react to City's point at Wolves
- 2 WOLVES 1 CANARIES 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Wolves 1-1 Norwich City
- 4 City winger Springett on Ireland youth team radar
- 5 Robin Sainty: The current situation at Norwich City is toxic
- 6 Follow live updates from Wolves v Norwich City
- 7 Former City star's wife tells of player's devastating dementia battle
- 8 City boss in the market for another 'Buendia-style' creative spark
- 9 STARTING XIs: Normann returns for City's Wolves visit
- 10 Ex-Canary Whittaker excited for Fleetwood assistant role
He has made 80 appearances for his home town club since his debut in April 2006 and has featured in nine games this season, including the 3-1 win against Hartlepool on Saturday.