Loan round-up: Bloomfield scores, Raggett’s ‘best game’ and Thompson returns
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Mason Bloomfield scored his first goal for Crawley Town in their 3-1 defeat to Forest Green Rovers on Saturday, with eight other Norwich City loanees in action across the globe.
Bloomfield rifled home a cross from Reece Grego-Cox on the 58th minute to open his account for the Red Devils but that proved to be merely a consolation as Crawley suffered their second consecutive league defeat.
It was another victory for Sean Raggett in his second start for Kenny Jackett's Portsmouth, with him starring in Pompey's 2-1 win over Doncaster Rovers.
His blossoming partnership with fellow centre-back Christian Burgess is receiving plenty of praise from the Fratton Park faithful as they record successive victories for the first time this season.
Louis Thompson returned to the Shrewsbury Town ranks for their 1-0 away win at Tranmere.
You may also want to watch:
Thompson came on in the 84th minute and helped seal the victory for Sam Rickett's side.
Elsewhere in League One, Carlton Morris came on as a late substitute in Rotherham United's 4-0 demolition over previously unbeaten Coventry City at the New York Stadium.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 8 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 9 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
Anthony Spyrou continued his comeback from injury with another performance from the bench but he couldn't prevent the Spirites from being beaten 2-1 by Eastleigh.
Across the Atlantic, Caleb Richards played 90 minutes for the Tampa Bay Rowdies in their 2-0 defeat to Loudoun United.
The loss sees the Rowdies concede ground to the frontrunners of the USL and Neil Collins will be hoping Richards and his teammates can restore them to winning ways next time out.
SC Telstar lost 2-1 to Roda in the Eerste Divise with City midfielder Charlie Gilmour playing the entirety of the fixture.
Telstar continues to struggle for form, with four defeats in five games compounding the Dutch sides misery.
Alfie Payne and Aston Oxborough were involved in the third qualifying round of the FA Cup, with Payne involved in Lynn's 2-0 victory at Leek Town whilst Oxborough's Wealdstone could only manage a 0-0 draw with Bristol Manor Farm.