Norwich City Loan Round-Up: Bushiri’s late winner ensures cup progression for Blackpool
- Credit: Norwich City FC
On-loan Norwich City defender Rocky Bushiri scored a last-gasp winner for Blackpool in the Football League Trophy as the Tangerines beat Wolves U21s 1-0.
The win ensures Blackpool advance to the knockout stages of the competition after finishing top of Group G with six points.
Bushiri unleashed a powerful drive across the goalkeeper in the dying embers of the fixture. The Belgian had a nervy start but improved as the game developed.
Elsewhere, Louis Thompson played 25 minutes for Shrewsbury Town in League One as they beat high-flying Peterborough United 1-0.
Thompson was a second half substitute as Town moved up to 11th in the table.
You may also want to watch:
Portsmouth extended their unbeaten run to four matches as they thrashed Sol Campbell's Southend United 4-1 at Fratton Park.
Sean Raggett managed another 90 minutes as Pompey look to climb the table after a poor start to the campaign.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 6 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week