Norwich City Loan Round-Up: Bushiri’s late winner ensures cup progression for Blackpool
- Credit: Norwich City FC
On-loan Norwich City defender Rocky Bushiri scored a last-gasp winner for Blackpool in the Football League Trophy as the Tangerines beat Wolves U21s 1-0.
The win ensures Blackpool advance to the knockout stages of the competition after finishing top of Group G with six points.
Bushiri unleashed a powerful drive across the goalkeeper in the dying embers of the fixture. The Belgian had a nervy start but improved as the game developed.
Elsewhere, Louis Thompson played 25 minutes for Shrewsbury Town in League One as they beat high-flying Peterborough United 1-0.
Thompson was a second half substitute as Town moved up to 11th in the table.
You may also want to watch:
Portsmouth extended their unbeaten run to four matches as they thrashed Sol Campbell's Southend United 4-1 at Fratton Park.
Sean Raggett managed another 90 minutes as Pompey look to climb the table after a poor start to the campaign.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal