Norwich City loan round-up: Famewo continues to impress at Charlton
- Credit: PA
Akin Famewo continues to impress on loan at Charlton Athletic and helped the Addicks record their second consecutive clean sheet at the weekend.
The 21-year-old is forming a blossoming relationship with former Crystal Palace defender Ryan Inniss at the back. Lee Bowyer’s men recorded another clean sheet as they beat Northampton Town 2-0 on Saturday.
Amongst Charlton supporters, comparisons have been made with former academy graduate Joe Gomez and the City loan export will be hungry to stake his claim for a January recall.
Two City loan players met at St Andrews on Saturday as Blackburn Rovers thumped Coventry City 4-0, with Tom Trybull earning his first start for Tony Mowbray’s men.
The German midfielder maintained the tempo and was deployed in the defensive midfield role supporting the more advanced Bradley Johnson and Lewis Holtby. He was replaced by Lewis Buckley in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
For Coventry, Sam McCallum endured a difficult afternoon as he was faced with the task of nullifying Liverpool loanee Harvey Elliott. Michael Rose’s red-card left Mark Robins side with an uphill struggle; McCallum was replaced by Josh Pask just past the hour mark.
In League One, Carlton Morris fired a blank as Russell Martin’s MK Dons continued their slow start to the season. Dons were beaten 1-0 by Blackpool, with Morris replaced by Cameron Jerome in the second period.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
Louis Thompson’s injury struggles continue as he limped off with an injury. The midfielder played 54 minutes before being substituted.
City striker Sebastian Soto netted two sensational goals to help SC Telstar record a 2-0 victory over Helmond Sports in the Eerste Divisie. The American youth international came on at half-time and his goals helped Andries Jonker’s side move up to 7th in the table. Dan Adshead was made a late cameo from the bench.
Winger Aidan Fitzpatrick played the entirety of the Queen of the South’s 5-2 defeat to Raith Rovers on Saturday.
Caleb Richards featured as Kidderminster Harriers recorded their second league win of the season over Chorley in the National League North.
Two of City’s youngsters were in FA Cup action over the weekend, with Matt Richardson playing as Leiston were beaten 3-2 by National League side Barnet to prevent Darren Eadie’s side from reaching the first round proper.
Joe Rose also missed out on the first-round draw after Banbury United came from behind to beat Bury Town 2-1.