Norwich City loan round-up: City loanee Sam McCallum involved in victory over Ipswich Town
- Credit: Darren Quinton/Birmingham Live
Norwich City loanee Sam McCallum helped propel Coventry City closer to promotion from League One - beating Ipswich Town in the process.
The 19-year-old played the entirety of the Sky Blues' win at Portman Road on Saturday, as ex-City striker Mark Robins saw his team move five points clear at the top of the League One table with a game in hand on Paul Warne's Rotherham United.
Matty Godden dispatched his effort in the first half to further dent the Tractor Boys' hopes of an immediate return to the Championship. Ex-City boss Paul Lambert is under increasingly pressure in Suffolk, with his side having lost seven of their last nine league games.
Sean Raggett couldn't prevent Portsmouth from being beaten by fellow promotion chasers Peterborough United. Kenny Jackett's men remain in 6th, with a clash against high-flying Fleetwood Town on Tuesday evening.
City duo Carlton Morris and Louis Thompson both featured as Russell Martin's MK Dons were beaten 1-0 by Doncaster Rovers. Thompson was on the fringes and struggled to make an impact on the fixture whilst Morris displayed what the Dons had been missing last week, when he was ruled out with an injury.
You may also want to watch:
Morris was a focal point and retained possession well, including a wonderful 40-yard pass to release Rhys Healey, but the ex-Cardiff City striker failed to convert.
In France, Melvin Sitti returned to the FC Sochaux side as they lost to Clermont Foot. The 20-year-old played the full 90 minutes, the first time he's completed a match since joining the Canaries in January.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
Rocky Bushiri continues to impress in Belgium and contributed to Sint-Truiden's goalless draw with Standard Liege. The centre-back received a yellow card late on as the Canaries held on for a point against Michel Preud'homme's side.
King's Lynn march towards the National League continued this weekend, with Ian Culverhouse's men beating Gateshead 2-1. City loanee Simon Power netted a brace as Lynn returned to winning ways after two consecutive defeats.