Norwich City loan watch: Wembley chance for Odusina and senior debut for Spyrou
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norwich City youngster Timi Odusina has a chance of playing at Wembley, after loan club AFC Fylde booked their place in the FA Trophy final.
The defender was brought on as a substitute in injury-time as Fylde wound down the clock and sealed a dramatic 3-2 win away to National League rivals Stockport, in front of over 6,000 spectators.
The visitors had taken a 2-1 lead in the 85th minute, only for Stockport to equalise three minutes later, but Alex Reid saved the day with a winner in the 89th minute of a hectic finale.
Odusina, 19, then replaced Arlen Birch as Fylde held out to set up the chance of becoming the first club to win the FA Vase and FA Trophy, having beaten Lowestoft Town in the Vase final in 2008 when still named Kirkham & Wesham.
The youngster – who was an unused substitute for Norwich in a Championship game in November, a 4-0 win at Sheffield Wednesday – has made eight appearances for the National League promotion hopefuls since joining on loan in January, playing at right-back.
He joined the Canaries from Arsenal as a 14-year-old but his contract is due to expire this summer. Fylde will face National League leaders Leyton Orient in the final, on Sunday, May 19.
Norwich striker Mason Bloomfield was also on loan at Fylde but broke his arm during his debut in January, so could return to action before the end of the campaign.
In league action, Canaries striker Anthony Spyrou made his loan debut for Wrexham but couldn’t prevent a damaging defeat for the promotion chasers, having joined their chase of a Football League return last week, losing 1-0 away to mid-table Hartlepool.
You may also want to watch:
The 19-year-old came on in the 70th minute with the Dragons already trailing 1-0 and hit a shot in the 89th minute which the visitors claimed had hit a defender’s arm, but the penalty claims were waved away.
Over in the USA, City left-back Caleb Richards started his third consecutive full match as Tampa Bay Rowdies continued their unbeaten start to the United Soccer League season, drawing 1-1 at St Louis in the Championship Eastern Conference.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 6 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week