Norwich City loan watch: Marshall helps Millwall beat Baggies, as Oliveira returns for Reading
- Credit: PA
Ben Marshall helped Norwich City’s automatic promotion hopes as he played the full 90 minutes of Millwall’s 2-0 home win over fourth placed West Brom, keeping the Lions a point above the relegation zone with a game in hand.
Nelson Oliveira returned to Reading’s starting XI but couldn’t prevent the Royals allowing a 1-0 lead to slip to a 3-1 defeat at Hull, leaving Jose Gomes’ team just a point above the bottom three.
The Portuguese striker will not be able to play against Norwich on Wednesday night, when the Royals head to Carrow Road looking to improve on a recent record of one win in four games.
Left-back James Husband played the full 90 minutes as Fleetwood bounced back twice to draw 2-2 at home against Southend, leaving Joey Barton’s team 10 points adrift of the play-offs with a game in hand.
Young striker Tristan Abrahams earned a start and played the full match to help Yeovil stay just above the League Two relegation zone, on goal difference, with former Norwich academy defender Adel Gafaiti heading a late equaliser in a 1-1 draw away to play-off chasing Swindon.
You may also want to watch:
Caleb Richards played the full 90 minutes again as Tampa Bay Rowdies continued their unbeaten start to the United Soccer League season, the second tier in the USA, beating Hartford Athletic 4-0 in the Championship Eastern Conference
Irish winger Simon Power was back on the bench for Dordrecht, after a short-term calf injury which denied him his first Republic of Ireland U21 cap, but didn’t come on during an impressive 1-0 win at leaders Twente as relegation fears were eased in the Dutch second tier.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
While in the German second tier, defender Marcel Franke was replaced with five minutes remaining as Darmstadt lost 2-1 at mid-table rivals Greuther Furth on Sunday.
Not in action during this weekend were Yanic Wildschut (Bolton), Steven Naismith (Hearts), Matt Jarvis (Walsall), Ant Spyrou (Wrexham), Timi Odusina and Mason Bloomfield (AFC Fylde).