Norwich City loan watch: Matthews adds to Plymouth’s injury woes as Ramsay returns for Woking
- Credit: David Holmes/Woking FC
Remi Matthews endured an eventful afternoon as Plymouth were beaten 1-0 at Portsmouth to fall back to the bottom of the League One table.
The Canaries keeper was caught in possession by Kai Naismith to concede the only goal in the 25th minute and hurt his shine when clattered by the same player in the second half.
Matthews is on loan at Argyle on an emergency basis due to injuries to the Devon club’s three senior keepers and is now a doubt for Tuesday night’s EFL Trophy game at Yeovil.
Elsewhere in the third tier, Shrewsbury slipped to second with a 1-0 home defeat to Bradford, with midfielder Ben Godfrey playing 73 minutes before being replaced by fellow City loanee Carlton Morris, while left-back Harry Toffolo was an unused substitute during Doncaster’s 2-1 home win over MK Dons.
In League Two, centre-back Sean Raggett played all of Lincoln’s 3-1 home win over Port Vale and forward Diallang Jaiyesimi played the opening 70 minutes of Grimsby’s 2-0 win at Barnet.
You may also want to watch:
Right-back Louis Ramsay made his first appearance for Woking in two months after an ankle injury, coming on in the 66th minute of a 2-1 defeat at Boreham Wood for the National League side.
Elsewhere in the top tier of non-league defender Michee Efete played all of Torquay’s 3-0 home win over Leyton Orient, making his 10th appearance of the campaign.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion