Norwich City loan watch: Matthews adds to Plymouth’s injury woes as Ramsay returns for Woking
- Credit: David Holmes/Woking FC
Remi Matthews endured an eventful afternoon as Plymouth were beaten 1-0 at Portsmouth to fall back to the bottom of the League One table.
The Canaries keeper was caught in possession by Kai Naismith to concede the only goal in the 25th minute and hurt his shine when clattered by the same player in the second half.
Matthews is on loan at Argyle on an emergency basis due to injuries to the Devon club’s three senior keepers and is now a doubt for Tuesday night’s EFL Trophy game at Yeovil.
Elsewhere in the third tier, Shrewsbury slipped to second with a 1-0 home defeat to Bradford, with midfielder Ben Godfrey playing 73 minutes before being replaced by fellow City loanee Carlton Morris, while left-back Harry Toffolo was an unused substitute during Doncaster’s 2-1 home win over MK Dons.
In League Two, centre-back Sean Raggett played all of Lincoln’s 3-1 home win over Port Vale and forward Diallang Jaiyesimi played the opening 70 minutes of Grimsby’s 2-0 win at Barnet.
You may also want to watch:
Right-back Louis Ramsay made his first appearance for Woking in two months after an ankle injury, coming on in the 66th minute of a 2-1 defeat at Boreham Wood for the National League side.
Elsewhere in the top tier of non-league defender Michee Efete played all of Torquay’s 3-0 home win over Leyton Orient, making his 10th appearance of the campaign.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 5 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 8 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit