Norwich City loan watch: McCallum makes vital interception during first Championship start
- Credit: PA
A first Championship start, a third consecutive clean sheet and a debut were all in the midweek mix for Norwich City’s loanees.
Sam McCallum had made two appearances as a substitute since rejoining Coventry on loan but the full-back started and played 79 minutes as the Sky Blues earned a 1-1 home draw against high-flying Swansea on Tuesday.
McCallum usually plays on the left but was used as a right-wing-back and made the crucial interception ahead of Jordan Shipley firing the hosts in front.
Elsewhere in the Championship, Tom Trybull made his debut for Blackburn when he came on in the 70th minute of a 3-1 defeat at third-placed Watford on Wednesday, with all the goals already scored.
Daniel Adshead and Sebastian Soto retained their starting places as Telstar continued their solid start to the season in the Dutch second tier, drawing 1-1 at Roda JC on Monday, with midfielder Adshead replaced in the 67th minute and Soto’s touch letting him down after being played through for a chance for a late winner.
You may also want to watch:
In League One, defender Akin Famewo retained his starting place as Charlton kept a third consecutive clean sheet and won back-to-back games in the league for the first time this season, thanks to a 1-0 win at Blackpool.
Lee Bowyer’s team have moved up to 11th but MK Dons are in the relegation zone after a 3-2 defeat at Oxford on Tuesday, with Carlton Morris playing the full game and Louis Thompson coming on in the 67th minute, with the score at 2-1 to Oxford.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 2 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 3 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 4 Through troubled waters to unexpected success - Farke reflects on spell as City boss
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Di Cunningham: Young talent will not be hindered under Farke and Webber's watch
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 9 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
Former City striker Cameron Jerome had scored an early equaliser for Russell Martin’s side, with Morris involved in the build-up to the close-range finish.
Players not in action: Timm Klose (Basel), Rocky Bushiri (KV Mechelen), Melvin Sitti, Danel Sinani (Waasland Beveren), Isak Thorvaldsson (IA Akranes), Gassan Ahadme (Real Oviedo B), Philip Heise (Karlsruher), Aidan Fitzpatrick (Queen of the South), Jordan Thomas (Leyton Orient), Archie Mair, Simon Power (King’s Lynn Tn), Caleb Richards (Kidderminster), Louis Lomas (Slough), Matthew Richardson (Leiston), Joe Rose (Bury Tn)