Norwich City loan watch: McCallum makes vital interception during first Championship start
- Credit: PA
A first Championship start, a third consecutive clean sheet and a debut were all in the midweek mix for Norwich City’s loanees.
Sam McCallum had made two appearances as a substitute since rejoining Coventry on loan but the full-back started and played 79 minutes as the Sky Blues earned a 1-1 home draw against high-flying Swansea on Tuesday.
McCallum usually plays on the left but was used as a right-wing-back and made the crucial interception ahead of Jordan Shipley firing the hosts in front.
Elsewhere in the Championship, Tom Trybull made his debut for Blackburn when he came on in the 70th minute of a 3-1 defeat at third-placed Watford on Wednesday, with all the goals already scored.
Daniel Adshead and Sebastian Soto retained their starting places as Telstar continued their solid start to the season in the Dutch second tier, drawing 1-1 at Roda JC on Monday, with midfielder Adshead replaced in the 67th minute and Soto’s touch letting him down after being played through for a chance for a late winner.
You may also want to watch:
In League One, defender Akin Famewo retained his starting place as Charlton kept a third consecutive clean sheet and won back-to-back games in the league for the first time this season, thanks to a 1-0 win at Blackpool.
Lee Bowyer’s team have moved up to 11th but MK Dons are in the relegation zone after a 3-2 defeat at Oxford on Tuesday, with Carlton Morris playing the full game and Louis Thompson coming on in the 67th minute, with the score at 2-1 to Oxford.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 City keeper issues injury update
Former City striker Cameron Jerome had scored an early equaliser for Russell Martin’s side, with Morris involved in the build-up to the close-range finish.
Players not in action: Timm Klose (Basel), Rocky Bushiri (KV Mechelen), Melvin Sitti, Danel Sinani (Waasland Beveren), Isak Thorvaldsson (IA Akranes), Gassan Ahadme (Real Oviedo B), Philip Heise (Karlsruher), Aidan Fitzpatrick (Queen of the South), Jordan Thomas (Leyton Orient), Archie Mair, Simon Power (King’s Lynn Tn), Caleb Richards (Kidderminster), Louis Lomas (Slough), Matthew Richardson (Leiston), Joe Rose (Bury Tn)